How to re-use leftover rice! I didn´t want to eat normal rice again, so I “recycled” the left rice from yesterday to make fried rice balls. (I wasn´t following any recipe, I just had the idea to make those rice balls).
– Rice (jasmin or sushi rice) as much as you have leftover
– 1 egg per 500 g steamed rice
– 1 tsp glutinous rice flour per 500 g steamed rice (or mais starch if you don´t have g. r. f.)
– soy sauce and/or rice vinegar as seasoning; as much as you like (put it together with the other ingredients)
– coco fat or sunflower oil (for frying)
– dried (mini-)shrimps
– white sesame seeds
– spring onion
1. Mix the rice with the rice flour, some spring onion, the sesame, the egg and the seasoning.
2. Roast and add the shrimps.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the rice balls on middle heat until they are a little crispy and gold-brown outside and ´til the egg is done.