There`s a big difference between tortilla and tortilla; the mexican tortilla is known all over the world and it´s a kind of wrap. But the spanish tortilla doesn´t have much to do with it: It`s an omelet with onions and potatoes! Spanish people eat tortilla as whole meal, as tapa or as a cold snack to take to school and work. It`s delicious and nutritious, just how a dish has to be, and it`s fast to make. That`s why I posted this recipe: A friend of mine loves good food – especially foreign food – but she hasn´t got much time to cook. So, Lea, here`s your recipe 😉 Enjoy it!
I love to eat tortilla with salad or on a sandwich to take away: Today I had a tortilla sandwich with tomato and chives for lunch and everyone wanted some; finally I only had a half sandwich left 😉 Well, I hope you like it as much as my friends do!
Pan con tomate y tortilla; spanish style tortilla sandwich with tomatoes
How to make tortilla
– 2 eggs, mixed together in a small bowl
– 1/2 red onion, minced (I love their taste; it`s more sweeter then the white ones´)
– 1 sliced strip bacon / some bacon dices
– 3 cooked potatoes, diced
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– pepper, salt
1. Prepare the onion, the bacon and the eggs.
2. Heat the bacon, the potatoes and the onion with the olive oil for ca. 1 minute.
3. Add the eggs and fry on both sides; spice with salt and pepper.