Tom Kha Gai is a well known thai dish with a consistency between soup and curry. It`s often served with thai style cucumber salad – my favorite salad 🙂 The cucumber salad is super fast to make and the Tom Kha Gai doesn´t take much time neither.
Ingredients for the cucumber salad:
– 1 cucumber, pealed and chopped
– 1 red onion, chopped
– some fresh or dried chili
– 1/2 teasp. chili-garlic-paste
– 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
– 3 tbsp. water
1. Put the cucumber into a bowl and add the seasonings – that`s it!
Ingredients for the Tom Kha Gai:
– 250 g boneless chicken, cut into smal pieces
– 20 canned straw mushrooms
– 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
– 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 3 cm pieces
– 1 cup water
– 5 kaffir lime leaves
– 5 slices ginger
– some sliced chili
– 3 tbsp. fish sauce
– 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1. Bring the water with the kaffir lime leaves, chili, ginger and lemongrass to boil.
2. Add the chicken and the mushrooms and cook for a few mins until the chicken is done.
3. Add the left ingredients and turn off the heat.
Enjoy your meal! It`s best with some rice; I topped it with freshly roasted cashews.