I fell in love with mexican tortillas when I was 7 years old; my parents used to make it twice a month and I loved coming home from school (I had just started the first class) smelling the fajita filling… My friends often came to have lunch at our home and they loved the tortillas too; the girls from our neighborhood used to come to have lunch at my home once I week and once a week we had lunch at their home. Anyway, tortilla is a dish that has all you need: Fresh veggies, some meat and the tortilla its self as substantial food. It`s delicious and it`s fun to make your individual tortilla; you don`t like salad? Well, make it with tomato and meat!
Ingredients (serves 2):
– 6 big or 16 small tortillas (available in the mexican store or in some grocery stores)
– 1/4 eisberg salad, diced chunky
– 1 tomato
– 1 tub sour cream
– 1 cup ground meat
– some fajita seasoning (if you don`t find it: use chili powder, pepper and salt)
– black bean paste
– some ruffly grated cheddar cheese
– 1 red onion, minced
– 1 chicken breast, diced
– mexican fajita sauce
– 1 lime
– evtl. some guacamole
– 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1. Fry the ground meat with the fajita seasoning.
2. Fry the chicken with some salt and pepper.
3. Heat the bean paste with 1 tbsp water.
4. Prepare the other filling ingredients and put them into separate bowls.
5. Heat the tortillas in a pan and keep them warm with a kitchen towel.
Fill how you like 🙂
P.S.: There will be a guacamole-recipe soon!